Ghana’s largest Telecommunication Company, MTN, celebrated winners of the first edition of the MTN Apps Challenge on Friday evening at the Movenpick Ambassador Hotel, Accra.
The App challenge, according MTN, was strategically put up to help increase local content in the mobile apps industry.
Ten hard working developers were announced winners out of the hundreds of developers. The Winners were dominated by students and graduates of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi (KNUST). The overall winner was a Software Engineer of Rancard, Setriakor K. Nyomi.
Below are the names of the winners and their apps (starting from 10 to 1):
- Nana Kwame Nyantakyi – Level 400 KNUST (10)
- Naa Achere Buxton-Tetteh and Papa Kwabena Opoku – Graduates of KNUST, Computer Science (9)
- Patrick Aboakye – Graduate of KNUST (8) – Job search
- Lovell Larbie – Graduate of KNUST (7) – Easy Local
- Rinkart Osie Asibey and Michael Ekow (6) – Ghana Cities Guide
- Devine Buernatey Puplampu (5) – Osiki App
- Tessu Ephraim – Graduate of KNUST (4) – Snap Recharge
- Nwobodo Festus Emeka (3) – Ghost App
- Wahid Farhat - KNUST (2) – Ananse Fables
- Setriakor K. Nyomi (1) – Oware
- Dr Nathan Amanquaa –Ashesi University
- Ian Ziddah – Product Manager, MTN
- Nana Kodwo Jojoo Imbeah – Manager, Ghana Google Group and
- Unni Krishnan – Senior Faculty Member – MEST Ghana.
Judges who helped select the winners are as follows:
Cash prizes were received . The overall winner, Setriakor, is expected to participate in a World Summit in San Francisco, USA.
- Intel launches a one stop hub for Kenyan digital education content
- Airtel Money Market Press Release
- WASPAG to inject sanity into Mobile VAS industry
- West African Mobile VAS Solution from Rancard Uses Squire Technologies' Media Gateways
- Rancard nominated for African Awards for Entrepreneurship 2012
- Rancard’s Rendezvous announced as finalists for the 9th Annual Meffys - The Global Awards for Mobile Content & Commerce.
- Adlevo Capital and Intel Capital make growth capital investment in Rancard
- Airtel Ghana Collaborates with Rancard Solutions to launch Airtel Market Place – An online store for the marketing & sales of goods
- BBC launches News service on Vodafone Ghana
+233 307 020 971
+233 307 020 972
+233 289 529 573
+234 1 632 0406/07.